Kids of the 90’s! Remember Takeshi’s Castle? Or for the Millennial’s, Wipeout and Gladiators? If your a fan of these games, I bet you’ll be happy to know about Alviera GoPlay which is the first game show-styled playground in the world.
Alviera GoPlay took off June 11, 2016, Saturday, at Sandbox (Remember my Sandbox Adventure?) and I was able to try it for the first time. It was a full day of lively games, mental and physical challenges, foamy frolic, bouncy inflatables, prizes, food and music.
Regular Activities includes;
- Wacky Inflatable Challenge – Bounce, crawl, climb and conquer the course in less than 2 minutes.
- Breakout Philippines Escape Room Game – Sample the country’s premier escape room game! Form a team, find clues and escape before the time runs out.
- The Drink Challenge – Slip and slide to get your bottled beverages contents on to a giant mug. Then run and tag your teammates during this relay. Finally, all of you must slip and slide back to your mug and sip the mug empty with straws.
- Binocular basketball – Can you manage 3 lay-ups in 2 minutes wearing a binocular helmet?
- Human Foosball – Exactly what it sounds lie, with players stuck to a moving pole and tasked with scoring a goal.
- Agawan Base – Zorb Edition – Charge your way to an enemy’s base in the ultimate roll-around costume, Roll, bounce and repeat, all while in a zorb ball.
- Explore the Unknown – Collect object from different containers while blindfolded to win the prize. Nothing icky in there, right? Maybe.
- Dizzy Penalty Kick – Spin around and then make a dizzy attempt to score a penalty kick, with 4 other competitors around you.
- The Gladiator – Face off against an opponent on the pedestal platform while everything but the kitchen sink is thrown at you. First one to do 5 knockdowns wins!
- Sumo Relay – Race against time in sumo suits!
- Photo Mission – Here are 10 pictures for your team to replicate as accurately as possible. Submit them anytime you think you’ve got them perfect.
- Brain Games – Your team has got to put its head together for some mind exercises to solve puzzles and illusions.
- Communication Game – A team member must direct his mates to correctly arrange items on the floor, except they’re all blindfolded.
- Caterpillar Run – The team steps inside a circular tarpaulin track and must walk in unison as the track passes through their hands. Sounds simple but can you do it within 3 minutes?
Other Extreme activities includes Buzzingo, & Extreme Jack & Poy. You can also try the Foam Bash, Inflatable Play Area and other food stalls. Alviera GoPlay is organized by Runentertainment, the company behind Outbreak manila, Slidefest Philippines and Breakout Philippines.
Alviera GoPlay runs like an outdoor arcade where players can earn more tickets or exchange them for prizes. Registration as a Regular GoPlayer for Php 800 entitles one to 10 points, while the Extreme GoPlayer at Php 1,200 gets 20 points. Children aged 7 and below can register as Go Kids Player for only Php 600 and start off with 10 points. Each activity requires points to join in. Every successful activity gains a player more points.
A point refilling station was set up, as well as a prize area where winners can exchange points for souvenir items like toys, t-shirt, gadgets or perhaps even win the grand prize of a trip for 4 to Boracay.
We were able to try some of the games and it was so fun! It is best to visit this place with group of friends and family so you can enjoy the group game even better. Here’s a glimpse of GoPlay in Alviera
Check out goplay.com.ph for payment options.