Friends from Davao City told me that if ever I’ll be visiting Davao, I should prepare my self to a lot if eating, like a lot! Well, it was true after all. Just like Manila, Davao City got a lot to offer when it comes to food choices. But one thing is sure here, expect that restaurants in Davao City would only serve freshly catch or picked ingredients for your meal. During Kadayawan Month, vegetables and fruits are also abundant, so you could always dive into your favorite dishes and harvest at a much affordable price.
It wasn’t my first time to visit Davao City but during Kadayawan festival, restaurants and food hubs are also on a festive mood offering a wider selection of menu, promos and discounts which could really entice not just the local buyers but most especially travellers.
Honestly saying, I gain around 10 lbs just by staying here for 5 full days.
If you are up for a food adventure better check out the lists I created (and visited) of restaurants you should not forget to visit on you next trip to Davao City.
7 Must visit Restaurants in Davao City
Chippens Buffet Restaurant
If eating at a buffet is your A-Game, well a visit at Chippens restaurant along Roxas Street in Davao City should be included on your visit. A buffet meal here is priced at Php 398 or around US$8 (drinks not included) consisting of a wide range of selection from fish, vegetables and meat products. They also got a fresh fruits section, which are abundant on Kadayawan season. Buffet usually starts at 11am to 2pm and 6pm to 9:30 pm.
- Do not miss: Lumpiang Shanghai and Menudo
- Price: Php 398
- Location: Chippens Buffet, Roxas Ave., Poblacion District, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
After exploring SM LANANG you can schedule a lunch or dinner at Bistro Selera. Bistro Selera is a Filipino Asian restaurant that serves authentic Davaoeno dishes. Actually the very welcoming ambiance of the place will really make you want to check out their menu. But aside from that, Bistro Serena is a well-known food destination in Davao city for presenting a fancier version of different Filipino dishes.
- Tip: If on a budget, do order the set menu.
- Do not miss: Kinilaw, Pomelo Salad, Kare Kare / Desserts – Buchitaw and Mangosteen with biko
- Price: Moderately priced / 300-500
- Location: SM Lanang Premier, J.P. Laurel Ave, Lanang, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
Tribu K Mindanawan
Travel thrill seekers who also want some adventurous plate should remember to put Tribu K Mindanawan on your must visit restaurant in Davao City. Tribu K Mindanawan is a cultural destination restaurant offering exotic dishes like crocodile meat, frogs, ostriches, insects and others. If you are a bit conservative you can still enjoy the regular entre’. The restaurant opens at 8am and closes early at 7pm.
- Tip: Visit Tribu K Mindanawan during Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the early evening to enjoy a special show. Best time to visit at 5:30 pm
- Price: Php 200-400
- Location: Tribu K Mindanawa, Talomo, Davao City, Davao del Sur
Fresh catch serve hot! Marina Tuna is going to be your favorite place if you are up for some oceanic table adventure. Enjoy tuna and salmon; eat it raw, fried, soup etc. Marina Tuna has created 10 different ways to prepare the dish, so there is always something you could try on your next visit. The restaurant opens from 10am to 10pm.
- Tip: Dishes are mostly for sharing so bring friends on your visit
- Do not miss: Salmon Sushi and Sashimi, Clam Chowder, Fish and Meat Vinaigrette
- Location: Quimpo Blvd, Bucana, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
Glamour Crabs Seafood Buffet
Perfect place to dine for those who loves cracking crabs! Glamour Crabs Seafood Buffet is a hole in a wall restaurant offering different seafood’s dish in buffet style. Of course the highlight of it is the unli-crab. Glamour Crabs Seafood Buffet is affordably priced at Php 498 per head, which is almost just equivalent to a crab dish in a fine restaurant. Though, I could personally say that not all food serves here is totally delicious, the crab dish which was cooked with a hint of spicy and sweet sauce can already satisfy ones crab cravings.
- Glamour Crabs Seafood Buffet is open from 11am to 2pm, and 6pm to 10pm.
- Tip: Go for the Shirmp and Crabs. They are both lit!
- Location: 386 Padre Gomez St, Poblacion District, Davao City, Davao del Sur
Crushed ice, milk, ice cream and strips of fibrous Durian, Durian Delight is one of the highlights you should try here in Ice Giants. Though if you are not a fan of Durian fruit, there are still tons of other dessert products to choose from. They also serve light snacks like pizza and pasta.
- Do not miss: Durian Delight and Halo Halo
- Location: Bagsi Complex, Sta. Ana Ave, Poblacion District, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
Roxas Night Market
Everyday at 6pm the long road of Roxas Street in Davao City is closed to accommodate the setup of the night market. At the Roxas Night Market, you can enjoy a feast of seafood, meat and other dishes that are mostly serve grilled. The long stretch is segmented into two; food stalls and merchandise. If you are a thrifty buyer this place shouldn’t be missed.
- Do not miss – Buchi in different flavors!
- Location: Roxas Ave, Poblacion District, Davao City, Davao del Sur
There are still a lot of diners and restaurants in Davao City that are just waiting to be discovered. If you plan to also bring pasalubong on your way home, do not forget to drop by at Apo ni Lola delicacies where you can purchase a wide range of Durian and other fruit by products. The best durian candies and bars can be found at Apo ni Lola.
Do remember as well that during Kadayawan season is the best time in buying fruits like Durian, Marang and Mangosteen for you can purchase these at a much lower price.