The buzz about the OPPO F5 sky rocketed in the Philippines due to its powerful selfie camera. With a 20-megapixel front camera, who would not want to take the advantage and do a selfie. Aside from that this monster smartphone would only cost you Php 15,000.
I was able to get my hands on to this unit and thought maybe I could get a test run of OPPO F5 powerful camera. I was heading to my most awaited trip of the year and thought that this amazing gadget could really come in handy (Will talk about my Athens, Greece trip on a separate blog post/s). Personally, camera capability is always on top of my list whenever I am I am to get a new smart phone, next to that would be the speed and capacity. I guess the 3 aspects comes hand in hand. Before I show you what I’ve took here is a quick features of OPPO F5.
- Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
- CPU – Octa-Core 4 x 2.3GHz ARM Cortex-A53 + 4 x 1.6GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- Chipset – MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763T, 64-bit Processor
- Camera – 16 Megapixel with Dual-LED and AF Rear Camera | 20 Megapixel Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 4GB LPDDR4x, 1866MHz | ROM 32GB External Memory Supports Up to 256GB
- Display – Screen size 6.0-inches IPS, LCD FHD+ Display (2160 x 1080 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,200 mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Compass Sensor, Fingerprint ID (Rear Mounted)
- Color – Gold, Black
- Operating System – Color OS 3.2 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS)
- Weight – 152 Grams (With Battery)
- Versions – Two Variants Available (4GB/32GB & 6GB/64GB)
The OPPO F5 got all the necessary things I basically needed for a very affordable price. Even with a 6.0 inches screen, this unit only weight 152 grams, pretty light compare to more famous and expensive phones. It got a metal body design, Octa-Core chip,Facial Unlock, and is 100 times faster Wireless File Transfers between OPPO Devices without relying on internet or Bluetooth Technology via O-Share.
Enough with the talk, here are some of the photos I took on my recent trip to Athens, Greece. It was winter and yet sunny, perfect weather to stroll around and take as much photos as possible.
SAMPLE PHOTOS USING OPPO F5
Summing it up, OPPO F5 decently gave me something that are really use full. I really love the panoramic shots it can create as well as details of the photo specially on well lighted environment. Though if you have notice, there was some distortion that can be found on the side of some of the photos, which is actually a bit forgivable for it got a more wider camera reach compare to other units. Also, if you zoom in to the shots, you would notice dust and pixelation of the images. It also happens whenever I take a photos that are zoomed in. So I guess you need to take that into consideration as well, or maybe veer away of taking photos zoomed in.
All in all, OPPO F5 is a decent camera phone on an affordable price. Take note, all photos I’ve taken are unedited, I did not adjust nor improve the brightness or contrast of it (thou I change the sizes of the photos so it could be loaded easier). Will share to you more stories of my recent trip on another blog.
If you are interested to know more about OPPO, Click here.