Macampao Beach and Leisure Farm Resort is destination place in Zambales that will make you feel like home.
It is always a good feeling to discover a new environment that soon you can consider somehow as your ‘nesting place’. A place where you can feel at home and be energised once you paid a visit. A destination that can treat you like a king and is peaceful and most especially accessible. Somewhat you can consider as you very own rest house.
I guess that is one of the reasons why the rich and famous (and those who can) do usually built their own place to getaway. I visited one recently and it was one hell of an experience. Continue reading . . .
I still do not know why it is named as ‘Macampao’ . . . Do you have any idea?
It was almost 12 midnight when the whole gang meet-up in Marilao Gas Station via NLEX. The half of the team came all the way from Makati, while us (Me, Ruth, Duane, Sky and Joel) came all the way from Quezon City. Have I already told you that I drove the car all the way from QC to Marilao! Achievement unlocked!
(1) Supporters at my back (2) Driver of the day while Duaney is the office on duty (3) Team A with Ruth, Rod, Sky and Joel
It was a long 4-hour drive but felt short with all our singing and chit-chatting inside the car. It was already 4 in the morning when we arrive at the resort in Zambales. And we are unison in the deciding to take a rest and enjoy the whole day when the sun rises.
Macampao Beach and Leisure Farm Resort
Macampao Beach and Leisure Farm Resort is located at Cabangan, Zambales. It started out as a family beach house and a hobby fish farm with hectares of land passed on from generation to generation since the early 1990’s. And as the year past by, it then evolved into an idyllic paradise – having a relaxing view of a private beach, a forest with a lot of fruit bearing and flowering trees, a habitat for many bird species, a sanctuary for the fireflies and the endangered sea turtles, and a supply of fresh seafood from the fishpond, river and sea.
And because we came at the place as a group, we were given an interconnected room. It doesn’t have a separate bathroom but sharing with someone who you knew would be just okay. Rooms are very spacious and got a basic personal care and towels. I also do love the ones we got facing the beach. Each room got these wide windows where you can literally see the leaves swaying along with the wind.
We spent most of the time at the beach, chilling.
HOW TO GO TO MACAMPAO BEACH
(As stated from Macampao.com)
HOW TO GO TO CABANGAN ZAMBALES
- Go to NLEX via the Balintawak interchange in North EDSA.
- Pay at the Balintawak Toll Plaza and get your toll card.
- Drive to the Dau Toll Plaza at the end of NLEX (~71 km from Balintawak Toll Plaza). Pay at the toll booth.
- Take the SCTEx ramp (at the right) about 3 km from the Dau Toll Plaza.
- Take your toll card at the SCTEx toll booth.
- Drive to the Tipo exit at the end of SCTEx (~57 km). Pay at the toll booth.
- Drive to the Subic-Tipo Hiway toll booth (~0.8 km). Pay at the toll booth.
- Exit Subic Freeport through Kalaklan Gate. Turn left (follow direction to Iba).
FROM CABANGAN TO MACAMPAO BEACH AND LEISURE FARM RESORT
- Upon reaching Cabangan (~1 hr from Subic), look for the 183 KM post. A few meters from the post, turn left to FelmidaDiaz Arc.
- Turn right at the fork, go straight and pass the bridge.
- Turn left at the basketball court. Go straight until you reach the rough road which is already the site.
- Turn left at the end of the rough road and enter the gate at the left.
COMMUTING TO MACAMPAO BEACH AND LEISURE FARM RESORT
- Take the Victory Liner Bus bound to Iba,Zambales from the following terminals in Metro Manila (check www.victoryliner.com): Caloocan, Cubao, Pasay, Sampaloc.
- Go down in front of the Cabangan Municipal Office or at the waiting shed of Felmida Diaz, Cabangan after the km 183 post along the east side of the road.
- Either ride a tricycle to Macampao Beach and Leisure Farm Resort, Arew or contact the resort for pick-up.
Food isn’t a problem when staying here at Macampao. Just like what I mentioned a while ago, they got their very own fish pond and fruit bearing trees, hence you would definitely experience freshly catch or grab ingredients cooked and serve on to your table. I can truly say that with my short experience at the place, I was already overwhelmed at the overflowing deliciously made meals. Enjoy fresh catch fish, shells, crabs, shrimps, prawns from the fishpond and the river. Feast on the famous Bagnet and Longganisa produced by our neighbouring town. You can even experience catching your own meal or harvesting if you wanted too.
The best part of it all, the meals on your stay are already included in your availed package, so there is no need for you to do additional payments.
A whole day for me isn’t really enough in staying here but you can already do a lot of things if you wanted to. Maybe I just want to chill and relax most of the time. But if you’re an active person and wanted to do a lot of things, staying at Macampao could be very satisfying. They got facilities for sports like Volleyball, Beach Soccer, Frisbee, Biking, or Billiards. You can also do games like Sungka or sign your hearts out via Karaoke. Be an adventurer by trying out kayaking, Horse riding, or bamboo water rafting. Or maybe commune with nature through fishing, fruit picking, and firefly watching or even releasing some baby sea turtles out in the ocean.
But what is really memorable for me in my latest trip was that character of the open sea. It’s invigorating that I just want to dip and embrace the cool water splashing to my body.
If you decided to stay a bit longer, there are also some other places you can check out near the resort. Check out some of the places here;
- Trip to Panutsahan (approximately 10 mins away)
- Trekking to Agbobotelya (approximately 10 minutes away)
- Surfing at Sitio Liwa-Liwa in San Felipe (approximately 15 minutes away)
- Visit Botolan Wildlife Farm (approximately 20 minutes away)
- Surfing at Crystal Beach (approximately 30 minutes away)
- Anawangin (approximately 45 minutes away)
PACKAGES AT MACAMPAO BEACH
A friend of mine once told us that if ever she will be getting married, she wanted to hold it here in Macampao Beach resort. It was like an assurance for us how lovely this place was that she would want this place to be part of her very special moment in the near future. After the whole experience, I guess I can already feel her reasons why. If you are planning to visit Macampao Beach Resort soon you can either pick two of their packages; Daytour & Overnight Stay
- Php 1,000 /head (Adults)
- Php 500 (kids 3-12 years old)
- Inclusive of access to the place and amenities from 10am to 6pm with lunch and snacks included.
- Overnight accommodation includes a full board meal (3 meals, 1 snack and free flowing drinks) and use of different amenities.
- Room rates starts from Php 6,100 per head or Php 8,000 for 2 pax. Cabanas starts at Php 3,700 per head.
- The place is also perfect in holding Weddings, Birthdays, Reunions, Company Outings or event team building for the place can hold hundreds of people while preparing for that private event.
With Rod, Ruth, Nate, Joel, Sky, Gus, Duane and MJ
I did enjoy our quick getaway from Manila to Zambales. It was quite short (staying for only one night) but the beach, food and the ambiance of the place satisfies our beach craving. It’s a perfect place if you just want to get away from people or from social media (cell networks are a bit wonky in the area). It is very secluded, all the staffs are very courteous and caring and the food is pretty sumptuous. As I said awhile ago they serve farm-to-table fare, so expect to always eat something fresh on your table. I imagine my self doing my honeymoon in this place for its very romantic ambiance. I am totally going back and spend more time here soon. Go ahead and try to visit and feel the comfort like it was your own resting house.
Macampao Beach and Leisure Resort
- Sitio Macampao, Barangay Arew, Cabangan, Zambales, Philippines |
- +63 917-526-7520