We took the race seriously, run to and from, did different challenges and finished 5 pit stops for only 22 minutes! Good thing we geared up and still felt comfortable doing all the challenges. But did we win? Will find out soon!
Team Cool Kidzzz with Karl (insert Stephen)
Because summer is all about action and adventure, thus we Gone Exploring at the Paez x Doughnut’s Gear Up and Explore event held at the newly opened Ayala Malls the 30th.
The metro’s newest and hippest mall were invaded by a fun crew of personalities from media, blogging and social media running and trying to win the game. Lucky to be part of the all-boys-team 3 – “Cool Kidzzz”, we took all the challenges with our determination to succeed!
Led by TV Host-Athlete Amanda Fernandez, guests where split in to groups and ordered to race through a series of challenges held at different pit stops all over the mall. My team, Cool Kidzzz includes Karl of SinoPinas and Stephen from Cosmo.
But before the race kicked off, we were led to the Base Camp where a row of Paez Shoes and Doughnut bags were displayed. It took me a while picking the shoes to wear, and being to indecisive, I was stuck in choosing between two different designs. At the end I pick the Paez Original in Combi Sand.
I was able to own a Paez shoes before and I love how easy and comfy it is to wear. I almost used it daily and even brought it in my trips. Check out the design I initially picked before here – Be a DreamJumper with Paez.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to document the challenges we did for I was busy aiming to win. But these are the activities we did for the whole race.
- Snackin’ at the Pop Stop – for the first challenge, we joined forces to finish a tumbler of popcorn by the cinemas. I was making an argument that it was not fare that all the other teams were composed of 4 members while we were only three. But point taken, I think we’re it’s an advantage that we were a voracious eater. Lol!
- Dough-dealing at the Explorer’s Supplies – The tasked is to hunt for ingredients at the grocery aisles used to make doughnuts. Google became our best friend here as we checked the right ingredients to picked. We were given Php 100 to spend at the supermarket.
- Book-nerding at the Adventurer’s Research Camp – Next tasked was to locate 3 literature about Argentina and/or Doughnuts. It was a bit hard looking for an Argentinian literature in the vast National Bookstore so what we did is to look for cake and doughnut baking instead. Which we finish swiftly.
- Jumping and ballin’ at the Exploration Grounds – Next tasked needs flexibility, endurance and agility for one of the team members will need to kick balls, jump rope and hula hoop as fast as he can. I willingly volunteered for the tasks.
- Sippin’ at the Refreshment Camp – Finally, ending the race by finishing a bottle of Pure Nectar and saying the line “Gear UP and Explore. Take the Paez and Doughnut Challenge!”
The whole activity was tiring but fun! Good thing my team were so in the game as much as I do. For me, the most challenging part was to read the clue and find its location inside that big mall. Good thing the concierge became our instant best friend! Just like my Paez pair to my feet and my Doughnut bag to my stuff! Both are definitely the perfect accessories for travel and exploring.
Just a few information: Paez hails from Buenos Aires, made by friends 30 years ago who decided to rework the traditional Argentinian espadrille, Alpargata. This 2017, Paez brings the Blooming Collection, inspired by the vibrant freshness of life in bloom, new and lively colors rendered in updated fabrics, all weaved into comfortable and fashionable espadrilles.
Doughnut, true to their tagline “Pack Your Dream,” features an array of backpacks and outdoor gear any stylish traveler will love. Lightweight, functional and stylish, it’s hard to pick just one Doughnut bag. And it did happened to me inside the store. I was torn between the Eagle, Toast and Macaroon, The Eagle and Toast are perfect for vacation and urban travelers but I opted to picked Macaroon instead. I felt that the Macaroon’s small yet compact size as well as the style is something that I can carry on a daily basis.
Thank you very much PAEZ, and Doughnut Bags for the invite as well as to Ayala Malls the 30th, National Bookstore and Pure Nectar for the fun activity.
Paez Shoes | www.paezphilippines.com | fb.com/PaezPhilippines |IG: @PaezPH
Doughnut Bags | www.doughnutphilippines.com | fb.com/DoughnutPhilippines | IG:@doughnutphilippines
Until our next discovery in the City!
またね Mata ne!
Stay in contact subscribe to my blog.