Gold Seas Tuna Chunks easy to made recipe by Chef Rosebud Benitez
Cooking is one of the things I would really love to master if I would be given an extra time in a day. I know it isn’t that easy process but I can say that I would be very contented in life mastering simple meals or dishes. I consider it a life skill, one would really need to have especially during difficult situations. You know what I mean.
Living independently for almost 2 decades, doing the basics like cooking rice and frying eggs or fishes or even the more elaborate ones like Adobo or Pinakbet has been a regular thing. Though, I may not have the right instructions in doing so, but I can say, I have been able to push it still. Sometimes, I tend to experiment and create a dish from the ingredients available in the fridge. (Those where the times that I realize, I miss my Moms cooking.)
Those situation would just say that If I would have enough time and the right ingredients, I would choose to cook rather than to buy a ready made meal outside.
This is also one of the reasons why when I was invited to join a cooking class, I did not hesitated. After all it was the famous TV Host/Chef Rosebud Benitez who will be the one facilitating the event.
Cook-off Cooking Challenge
The call time at the venue was at 2 in the afternoon. I was early on that day so I decided to stay and enjoy first a cup of tea across the venue. The cooking demo would be held at the Cookery place in BGC.
When it was time, I went straight to the venue and met Chef Rosebud at the place. The kitchen was just enough for, maybe 6-7 people this means the cooking demo would be easier to follow and the assistance would be easier to be tend.
I am pretty sure (hoping) I could be able to receive a thumbs up on this challenge. LOL!
Chef Rosebud prepared 2 recipe for today; Tuna Pizza and Tuna Wrap. Both recipes are easy to prepare and would be using mostly basic ingredients. We first made the Tuna Pizza. We just mix the tuna along with the other ingredients and placed it in a ready made dough.
It was pretty quick and easy. Added with some creativity for presentation purposes, we then cook it through the oven for 5-7 minutes.
It was followed by the Tuna Wraps, which is basically just tuna and other ingredients sautéed in olive oil. It actually tasted like salsa or the asado inside a siopao.
All in all it was pretty good, easy and most especially tasty!
I personally love TUNA. I usually hoard cans of tuna at home for it is easy to prepare, cook or even mix with other ingredients. For our cooking session, we used Gold Seas Tuna Chunks.
Gold Seas Tuna Chunks
I heard a lot of good reviews about this kind of Tuna. It may be a bit expensive than the ones you would see in the market, but I can say that the amount of tuna you would be getting in a can is just enough to what you are paying. Gold Seas Tuna Chunks are made with premium tuna and is prepared in gourmet way. As they said it, It is pure, healthy and chunky!
Gold Seas Tuna Chunks is available in solo (90g) and sharing (185g) sizes, in lithograph-printed easy-open cans. You can Choose among six delectable variants:
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil (90g and 185g)
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil with Chili (90g and 185g)
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Springwater (185g)
- Tuna Chunks in Herb and Garlic (90g and 185g)
- Tuna Chunks in Lemon and Pepper (90g and 185g)
- Tuna Chunks in Mild Indian Curry (90g and 185g)
My favorite is theYellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil with Chili and the Tuna Chunks in Mild Indian Curry.
For the 2 recipes that was prepared we will be using Gold Seas Tuna Herb and Garlic and Gold Seas Tuna Lemon and Pepper.
Check out the recipe below.
I. Tuna Pizza
- 1 small can corn kernels
- 1 can Gold Seas Tuna Herb and Garlic
- 50 g canned black beans, drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 piece lime, juiced and zested and Pepper
- 1 large Pizza Dough or Flour Tortilla\
- 170g Quickmelt Cheese
- Pre-heat oven 425 degrees.
- In medium bowl, add tuna with a bit of oil from the can. Break up with fork until shredded.
- Add black beans, red bellpepper, onion, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, lime zest and juice. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Put mixture on pizza dough. Top with cheese and place on baking sheet. Bake pizza for around 5 minutes and serve immediately.
- Mixing bowl
II. Tuna Wraps
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 cans Gold Seas Tuna Lemon and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Large leafy lettuce, leaves separated for serving
- Make the sauce. Whisk hoisin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and sesame oil in bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and sauté till translucent. Add garlic and ginger.
- Add tuna. Break up with back of the spoon.
- Pour sauce and cook. Reduce. Turn off heat, add water chestnuts and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a large scoop in the middle of lettuce leaf and serve immediately.
- Mixing bowl small
- Sauté pan
- Wooden spoon