It was not too long ago when the song “Kumapit ka lang” composed by Noemi Ocio and Interpreted by Mela was hailed as last years, grand winner. This time, the 12 ‘A Song of Praise’ (ASOP) Music Festival Finalists have already been announced and in just a few days one lucky composer will again take home Php 500,000 cash prize. Here is the full line-up of 12 Grand Finalists:
Full List of ASOP Music Festival Year 6 Grand Finalists
- Gabundok Man – Composer: May Alona Trogue; Interpreter: Brenan Espartinez
- Sumasamba Sa’Yo – Composer: Joyner Dizon; Interpreter: Dan Billano
- Carry On – Composers: P.A. Atienza, Nonie Ramos, Nino Cristobal; Interpreter: Sam Mangubat
- Ikaw Ang Aking Dios – Composer: Lorna Petrasanta; Interpreter: Liezel Garcia
- Sapat Na Ba – Composer: Emmanuel Lipio Jr.; Interpreter: JV Decena
- Dahil Sa Iyo – Composer: Carlo David; Interpreter: Jay R
- Wala Kang Katulad – Composer: Reymil Anania; Interpreter: RJ Buena
- Ikaw Panginoon – Composers: Jocelyn Canlas and Jonathan Bobis; Interpreter: Jay-R Siaboc
- If You Believe – Composer: Gio Levy; Interpreter: Apple Delleva
- You’re All I Need – Composer: Jessan May Mirador; Interpreter: Kris Angelica
- Hallelujah To The One – Composer: Zion Aquino; Interpreter: Gail Blanco
- Beside Your Heart – Composer: Shane Kim Lumanog; Interpreter: Zsaris
Surely, this years event is something not to be missed. But before heading to watch this year’s finale (November 13, 2017) at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum stage, here are 6 things you need to know first about ‘A Song of Praise’ (ASOP) Music Festival Year 6.
6 things you need to know about ASOP Music Festival Year 6
The 6th edition of ASOP Music Festival will be remembered for featuring an eclectic mix of genre in music, from R&B, jazz, glam rock, pop rock, to ballad.
Songs that reflect the songwriters’ fight with depression, hopelessness, battle with cancer, and death in the family. Another writer competing this year shared through his song how his life becomes complete after finding God.
The 12 new songs of praise will be interpreted by known artists like ASOP Music Festival alumni: Gail Blanco, Brenan Espartinez, and RJ Buena.
Performers who will interpret for the first time for this prestigious songwriting tilt include Sam Mangubat, Liezel Garcia, Zsaris, Apple Delleva, Kris Angelica, Dan Billano, Jay-R Siaboc, JV Decena, and Jay R.
On its Sixth year, ASOP Will Award a Total of Php 1-Million cash prize
- Power Voting introduced this year
- The online voting and power viewing to select the People’s Choice Awardee kicked off on November 3.
- Fans and supporters rooting for their grand finalists to clinch the People’s Choice Award can cast one (1) vote a day in the official website of ASOP Music Festival, using their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- The winner of the popularity award will be selected based on total accumulated points from online voting (50%) and power viewing (50%) of the entries’ official music videos.
- One account, one (1) vote per day will be counted. Voting period will last until November 13, 2017 at 12 noon.
Soon, ASOP Music Festival songs can already be heard over Spotify, so better watch out for it. A Song of Praise Music Festival is aired via UNTV Your Public Service Channel every Sunday 7pm, and hosted by Richard Reynoso and Toni Rose Gayda. To know more visit https://www.asoptv.com.
P.S. Congratulations in advance to some of my friends competing on this years ASOP! Ang gagaling nyo!
With Zion and Duane Bacon
Until our next discovery in the City!
またね Mata ne!
Stay in contact subscribe to my blog.